Thursday, February 24, 2011

Day 5

Addressing our sin can be overwhelming. Awareness of our faults is something we try to cover, to hide, to walk ahead of. Laying it all out on the table like you have been is not easy.

Our discussion on pride and self-focus yesterday is likely still ringing in your mind.

As you get to know God, you get to know yourself more clearly as you see yourself through His eyes. The gifts He has given you become more evident, along with the awareness of how your sin is keeping you from fulfilling all you could do with those gifts. As Oswald Chambers shares, “When a man really sees himself as the Lord sees him, it is not the abominable sins of the flesh that shock him, but the awful nature of the pride of his own heart against Jesus Christ.” (March 8th, My Utmost for His Highest, 1935, Dodd, Mead & Company, Inc.)

Today, consider the words of Paul as you watch this video:

“I have been crucified with Christ and I no longer live, but Christ lives in me. The life I live in the body, I live by faith in the Son of God who loved me and gave himself for me” (Galatians 2:20, NIV)



Morning Questions:

As you set our for your day today, pick something (an item that you can bring with you) to remind you that your life is Christ’s and contemplate on this throughout the day. Consider what it would look like to replace your "trash" with this understanding.


Evening Questions:

What piece of trash are you holding on to? How can you begin to let go of this as you echo Paul’s declaration?