Thursday, February 24, 2011

Day 14

As you read through these Scriptures, the words of Jesus, consider yourself present as He shared these things with the disciples. Imagine yourself in the room, dim with candlelight, taking in every word:

“Jesus answered, ‘I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me. If you really knew me, you would know my Father as well. From now on, you do know him and have seen him.” (John 14:6-7, NIV)

“Believe me when I say that I am in the Father and the Father is in me; or at least believe on the evidence of the miracles themselves. I tell you the truth, anyone who has faith in me will do what I have been doing. He will do even greater things than these, because I am going to the Father. And I will do whatever you ask in my name, so that the Son may bring glory to the Father. You may ask me for anything in my name, and I will do it.” (John 14:11-14, NIV)

“I no longer call you servants, because a servant does not know his master’s business. Instead, I have called you friends, for everything that I learned from my Father, I have made known to you.” (John 15: 15, NIV)


Morning Questions:
What questions would you have asked of Jesus in this situation?

What sticks out to you in these verses?


Evening Questions:
What is your personal response to Jesus’ statement: “anyone who has faith in me will do what I have been doing. He will do even greater things than these” (John 14: 12)?

As we consider the life and incarnation of Christ, may we again respond in praise: